Friday, October 4, 2013

"Heavenly Tree Stand" palette knife oil painting


Well, this is a different kind of painting for me.  It's a bit experimental, sort of the usual approach gone awry.  I paint on Wednesdays with a dear friend who is a watercolor painter.  This is one of the highlights of my week.  She was showing me a watercolor technique to make the trunks of trees and I thought I could try it with oil paints.  Guess what!  It didn't work out as I expected but I continued onward and made something else out of it.  When looking at it from a distance, it seemed that the tree stand was floating, thus the title of the painting.  Maybe there are some floating trees in heaven, who knows?  I'm not in a great hurry to find out, but it's just something to think about! 

"Heavenly Tree Stand", 9"x12" unframed palette knife oil painting on linen panel, $180 plus s/h to be determined, click Paypal button below or write me at KarlaNolan@gmail.com for more information



Thanks for viewing my art!  Greetings from Fort Collins, Colorado

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails