Wednesday, March 10, 2010

"Blue Sky Red Earth" by Karla Nolan, palette knife oil painting on panel


This painting is still wet on the easel. I have been wanting to do something in my two favorite colors, red and turquoise, for some time now and finally just sat down to do it this afternoon. I'm happy with it, especially the simplicity and texture of it. Sometimes I just get lost in too many details. Here it's all about color, color, and more color, then texture. Enchanting? I hope so..Anyway, I like it! Click on painting for close up.

"Blue Sky Red Earth", 9"x12" palette knife oil painting on panel, sold unframed for $215 via Paypal, click button below or write me at KarlaNolan@gmail.com. Don't forget, s&h is free in N. America.





Don't forget about the upcoming Brigham Galleries on-line art auction! Check back for more information on this new internet event!


You can now find me on Twitter! Click here to "follow"! It's really fun!
AND CLICK HERE to sign up for my e-mail newsletter! PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD ABOUT THIS BLOGSPOT TO YOUR FRIENDS.... the more the merrier....

REPRESENTATION:

Meko's Gallery, 222 Linden Street, Fort Collins, Colorado
EsScentuals, 142 South College Avenue, Fort Collins, Colorado
Grand Lake Art Gallery, Grand Lake, Colorado
Dobbin Gallery, 175 Church Street, Charleston, South Carolina

I posted items in Karla Nolan Table Jewelry and Karla Nolan Judaica recently. You might enjoy checking those blogspots. Special treats for special people and times -- Judaica art and miniature encrusted with shells, crystals, and semi-precious stones sculptures.

LIVE LINKS:

http://www.KarlaNolan.com/
http://KarlaNolanTableJewelry.blogspot.com/
www.KarlaNolanJudaica.blogspot.com/
www.KarlaNolan.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/karlanolan
www.artforconservation.org/artists/karlanolan
www.dailypainters.com
www.dailyartpainters.com
www.marketplace-daily-art.blogspot.com
www.dailypaintersofcolorado.blogspot.com
http://dailypaintersabstract.blogspot.com/

GREETINGS FROM COLORFUL FORT COLLINS, COLORADO, USA
Karla Nolan


1 comment:

Atul Pande said...

Karla: Nice work. I posted a similar abstract just a couple of weeks ago but my colors are not nearly as brilliant as in your work. Well done.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails