Monday, September 23, 2013

"Zapping Through the Nighttime Sky", palette knife oil painting





 Living in Colorado is a meteorological adventure, a weather puzzle.  As you must know, we have had "biblical", monumental flooding recently, plus wildfires not only this year but last year.  In 1997, a friend of ours had to swim for her life, along with her young son.  It simply is never dull around here!  

Earlier in the spring, we seemed to be having a lot of thunderstorms, complete with incredible lightning, of course.  I started mulling this over -- what if I try to paint the sky when it's uproarious, zipping with electricity, zapping toward the earth.  This is the first in a series of fun:  lightning storms painted with palette knife and oil.  They are a creative and artistic effort to convey emotion, not a literal one, my imagination was involved here, not necessarily realism.  I hope you enjoy viewing them as much as I enjoyed painting them!  What a blast!  

"Zapping Through the Nighttime Sky", 6"x6" unframed palette knife oil painting on gesso board, $72 includes s/h in continental U.S., click Paypal button below or write me at KarlaNolan@gmail.com for more information

Thanks for viewing my art!  Greetings from Fort Collins, Colorado

http://www.KarlaNolan.com

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails