Sunday, April 10, 2016

"Vernazza Below the Cinque Terre Trail" by Karla Nolan, palette knife oil painting


This painting isn't for sale.  It's my gift to my husband for his birthday.  He took me to this fabulous place a few years back.  I thought I was prepared.  No intention to hike, no thanks, that's not my thing!  Once we were there, however, it was obvious we had to make a trek on the trail, at least some of it.  One can take trains from town to town, also, but to catch the best view, the dirt trail (and some mud) would be involved.  Unfortunately, I had not planned for this!  I didn't bring any sort of hiking shoe or sneakers, so I did a bit of slipping and sliding.  But I got some excellent photos and ended up having a grand time!  (Especially when it was over, a bright memory!)  Ah, Italia!  

"Vernazza Below the Cinque Terre Trail", 12"x9" palette knife oil painting on Wallis sanded archival paper

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails