Monday, August 18, 2008

French Poppy Fields, painting on glass



First note: these poppies are not showing well on my screen. This probably has something to do with everything looking "flat". Painting on glass is reminiscent, somewhat, of stained glass. The colors tend to glow, merge. I'm working on showing how lovely and sometimes translucent or transparent the colors are by including close ups of the paintings. Please check them out, also.

Second note: I am a poppy addict. (Not in the drug sense!) I'll never stop loving fields of poppies or poppies one at a time. I hope you love them as much as I do!

Third, and last, note: People ask if painting on glass is difficult. The answer is, undoubtedly, yes, yes, and yes! This is the most difficult type of painting I've encountered yet, very precise, very, very time consuming. I feel it's well worth the effort, however, and plan to do even more topics using the technique. Again, I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!


"French Poppy Fields", 12"x9" measured edge to edge glass, sold framed as shown, $325 + $14.95 domestic shipping
www.KarlaNolan.com
www.dailyartpainters.com
www.marketplace-daily-art.blogspot.com
www.KarlaNolan.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails