Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Rose Sunset, oil/canvas

I normally don't post sold paintings, but felt compelled to do so today because this is one of my very favorite paintings. I am so proud of it -- it was done with only palette knives and I tried to create some drama and texture in it. The painting was sold to someone in Grand Lake, Colorado, for a second house.

These artworks are like my children, my babies. Maybe that sounds a tad bit dramatic, but I invest a lot of emotion in them. I wonder where they end up -- who buys them? What attracts the buyer to it? Are they happy with the purchase? Does the buyer know he/she gets a bit of me, too?

"Rose Sunset", sold, but I can make a similar one for you! 4"x13.5", oil on canvas

www.KarlaNolan.com
www.dailyartpainters.com
www.marketplace-daily-art.blogspot.com
www.KarlaNolan.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails