Tuesday, January 1, 2013

"Solo Sail on Lake Como (Italy)"

Have you ever heard of "The Three Tenors"?  Of course you have!  Well, the other day I was hauling up recently painted canvases to put on the mantel over the fireplace so I could get a different view of them.  It occurred to me then -- I am frequently painting one of "The Three 'I's" -- Israel, Ireland, or Italy!  Go figure, these wonderful lands all start with the same initial, I find humor in that....

So....this a one view of Lake Como -- it is so beautiful in this part of Italy, the water just invites you to take a ride on it.  We took the ferry from town to town and I made use of my point and shoot camera for reference photos.  I specifically use a point and shoot, not an elaborate or expensive camera, so I can play the giant editor, just want to make sure I'm close to the geography or the play of the light in the sky, in the water.  From Italy to you, I bring you a short sail on the waters of Lago di Como!  Ciao!

"Solo Sail on Lake Como (Italy)", 12"x16" unframed palette knife and brush oil painting on canvas, $385 plus s/h to be determined at time of sale, Paypal button (click below) or write me for more info at KarlaNolan@gmail.com

Thank you for looking! 



 

Greetings from Fort Collins, Colorado!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails