Monday, March 10, 2014

"Yellow Water Lilies in Yellowstone National Park" by Karla Nolan, framed painting on glass




Well, this is kind of different, isn't it?  We were in Yellowstone a number of years ago, just driving along, looking at all the marvelous sights when I saw something that just didn't quite seem to fit in with what I expected to see in Wyoming.  Hawaii, yes, Wyoming, no.  Water lilies were in bloom in water near the road -- I got out of the car, went over, looked at almost black water, and there they were, floating on the pads, in that water.  I was amazed, and bright yellow, to boot!  We have been back to Yellowstone National Park since then, drove to the same spot, and, voila, they weren't anywhere to found.  Another amazing nature story from the mysterious planet called Earth!

"Yellow Water Lilies in Yellowstone National Park", 11"x14" measured edge to edge glass, framed painting on glass, $465 includes s/h in continental U.S., click Paypal button below or write me at KarlaNolan@gmail.com for more information



Thanks for viewing my art!  Greetings from Fort Collins, Colorado

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails