Saturday, November 1, 2014

"Colorado: Hidden Mountain Gems", original watercolor painting




Playing around with watercolors again.  I've seen shows on the Travel Channel and the Weather Channel about gem hunting and have been intrigued by the topic.  There are prospectors hunting for aquamarines on Mount Antero here in Colorado.  I think they are unusually brave, as this state is known for sudden changes in weather -- old saying, "if you wait 15 minutes, it'll change" is true.  I don't think I'd make a good prospector, honestly, but hopefully you can envision all the gems in Mama Earth, inspired by the colors in my painting.  It was fun!

"Colorado:  Hidden Mountain Gems", original watercolor painting, 10.5"x8", $125 includes s/h in continental U.S., click Paypal button below or write me at KarlaNolan@gmail.com for more information
 
 

Thanks for viewing my art!  Greetings from Fort Collins, Colorado

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails