Saturday, March 14, 2015

"Santa Fe Spring" by Karla Nolan, unframed palette knife oil painting






 Well, this painting took an eternity to paint to my satisfaction.  I wondered if the process would ever end!  Canyon Road is the most famous art gallery road in Santa Fe and there was a gallery behind this fabulous blooming decorate crabtree.  Years ago I painted it in pastel and finally succumbed to the urge to paint it in oils with primarily palette knives and an occasional brushstroke.  This has been sitting in my head, tempting me forever, and finally, here it is ready for framing and a wall.  Whew!


"Santa Fe Spring", 16"x20" unframed palette knife oil painting on canvas panel,  write me at KarlaNolan@gmail.com for price and more information


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails