Thursday, April 30, 2009

"Colorful Irises", framed painting on glass



Irises tend to be very trying to paint, very difficult. The waviness of them, their curves, their shadows -- all a bit frustrating. And yet I enjoy attempting to capture them. Painting irises onto glass can be a little disconcerting because it is so easy to lose track of their lines -- they tend to merge together on occasion. Still, I enjoy the challenge. There is a close-up on my website.

"Colorful Irises", framed painting on glass, 10"x22" edge to edge glass, sold framed in black, Paypal preferred, $675 plus s/h to be determined at time of sale, e-mail me at KarlaNolan@gmail.com for more information








www.KarlaNolan.com
www.dailypainters.com
www.dailyartpainters.com
www.marketplace-daily-art.blogspot.com
www.dailypaintersofcolorado.blogspot.com
www.KarlaNolan.blogspot.com
www.fineprintcollection.com/artists/karlanolan

2 comments:

naquaiya said...

Hi Karla,
I've been admiring your paintings for a long time and I'm fascinated about your glass paintings. I could not find any description about the process on your blog. Can you offer some info on this? I'm thinking it might be buried where I can't find it. Or maybe you are not interested in divulging. Thanks

Anonymous said...

This is so gorgeous..wonderful style and design..I love them all..Robin

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails