Friday, November 2, 2012

"Dead Sea Colors", by Karla Nolan, palette knife, brush, oil painting

Well, we waited a very long time to take our dream trip to Israel.  I'll admit it, I was rattled by the thought of going to a nation which is surrounded by other countries who aren't so fond of it -- but once I was on the airplane, I calmed down considerably.  Accept your fate, nothing's going to happen, you'll never get to do this again, not rationalizations but reality.  We stayed five nights in Jerusalem in a section named Yemin Moshe, one of the most beautiful parts of the world I've ever seen, full of old stone buildings, old stone pathways and steps, and flowers blooming everywhere, particularly my all time favorite, bougainvillea.  

As you can see from the painting, we saw a wide range of colors in the Dead Sea -- and, yes, we did float in it, very buoyant feeling there.  The little tour bus full of English speaking folks from all over the world made its way past the Dead Sea to Masada, another painting subject for the future.  All I can say is, I am thrilled that we finally made it to the other side of the world, a place in which I felt safe every day and inspired by the young men and women in uniform, the religious and archaeological sites and a world class museum filled with Pissaro, Cezanne, Van Gogh and Judaica from centuries gone by.  

While in Israel, we visited my cousins, visited the tunnels under the Western Wall, visited the Lower and the Upper Galilee, and had a marvelous time with one of my best friends from high school, Rachael, and her dear husband, Harvey.  Life is so short, go see your friends and relatives, okay????

"Dead Sea Colors", 8"x10" oil painting, $160 includes s/h in continental U.S., Paypal accepted, write KarlaNolan@gmail.com for more information -- thanks for looking!  

Greetings from Fort Collins, Colorado! 




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails