Sunday, November 11, 2012

"Soft Tinged Mountain Dusk" by Karla Nolan, palette knife, brush, oil painting


Honesty is important.  This image just showed up in my mind one day and I decided to paint it.  I have no "reference" other than my memory.  Mind you, I see so many sunsets...they seem to merge together, show up, and I need to apply them to a canvas!  Does that make sense?  It does to me -- looking at classical art (such as Cassat, Monet, Manet, Picasso, Degas...you get the gist), up and coming/contemporary art (Kassan, Edmondson, Vlandereen, Tyler, Hartman)...ar this just seems to come togetherr in some sort of seed form and it evolves from there in my head....I don't want to copy anyone, just want to be myself, in my own realm, no imitation (although, yes, that is flattering, but not for me!)....So, just ride along, please, and enjoy the show as much as you can! 

"Soft Tinged Mountain Dusk, 8"x10" oil painting on linen canvas, palette knife, brush, $160 includes s/h in the continental U.S., write me at KarlaNolan@gmail.com for more information, thanks for looking!  

 
GREETINGS FROM FORT COLLINS, COLORADO

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails