Sunday, August 23, 2009

"Indian Paintbrush: Poppy of the Plains" by Karla Nolan, framed painting on glass


Okay, I have to boast. I am especially proud of this painting. When we have traveled through the Rocky Mountains of Colorado, out on the high prairie and on the plains of this grand state, and then up through Wyoming and Montana, these flowers were everywhere! They come in bright red, orangey red, salmon, yellow, golden yellow -- and they are so much fun to spot and to paint!

I did this glass painting in a different manner from my usual and I may consider doing more in this way. I covered the entire glass, rather than either "mat" it or come up from the bottom of the glass, leaving some areas devoid of paint. This is a bit more "stained glass" looking, it was fun to do and it was a pain in the rear to do also, because it took much longer than usual. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do -- there will be more western wildflowers on my painting horizon!

"Indian Paintbrush: Poppy of the Plains", 8"x10" measured edge to edge glass, framed in gold as shown, $340 includes s&h in N. America, Paypal preferred, click button below or write me at KarlaNolan@gmail.com for more information






VERY IMPORTANT NOTICE
: I was recently accepted by Dobbin Gallery, 175 Church Street, Charleston, South Carolina, for representation in their art gallery with paintings on glass, pastels, oils and table jewelry. Please visit their gallery when in town! It's a lovely place.

AND EVEN MORE NEWS!!! I was just accepted by Wild Hands Art Gallery on Pearl Street in Jackson, Wyoming, with my paintings on glass! Yaay!

AND STILL MORE....I am proud to announce that Common Ground Western Art in Red Lodge, Montana, is now representing me, also.

ANNOUNCEMENT: Make sure you take a moment and visit my newest blogspot: http://KarlaNolanTableJewelry.blogspot.com/ This site has miniature sculptures consisting of seashells, semi-precious stones, pearls, and Swarovski crystals. Very fun!!!!!!!!!!!! Great bling, schmaltz, sparkle for your tables!!!


CLICK HERE to sign up for my e-mail newsletter!!!!! AND PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD! Sign up for daily feeds via my websites and blogs. Thank you so much -- Karla


www.dailypainters.com
www.dailyartpainters.com
www.marketplace-daily-art.blogspot.com
www.dailypaintersofcolorado.blogspot.com
http://dailypaintersinternationalartgallery.blogspot.com/
http://dailypaintersabstract.blogspot.com/
http://www.KarlaNolan.com/
http://KarlaNolanTableJewelry.blogspot.com/
www.KarlaNolanJudaica.blogspot.com/
www.KarlaNolan.blogspot.com
www.fineprintcollection.com/artists/karlanolan



GREETINGS FROM COLORFUL FORT COLLINS, COLORADO, USA - Karla Nolan

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails