Wednesday, September 10, 2008

"The Four Irises: Second Part", painting on glass



This is actually a bit of fun for me. Separating out the irises from one another, I like this one best.

You don't see too many straight lines in nature, but this particular yellow iris had a fold that, looking straight on, appeared to be a perfectly level line! That was an unusual line for me to paint without it looking silly. Hopefully I succeeded.

For my website, you'll need to go to "Works/Glass Paintings/The Four Irises" for the complete view of the artwork. For my other art blogs, just look below.

I feel that this is one of my best glass paintings so far. A difficult process, quite tedious and time consuming, but also fun and enjoyable. Especially when it works!


"The Four Irises", painting on glass,10"x22", sold framed as shown, $660 + $14.95 domestic shipping


www.KarlaNolan.com
www.dailyartpainters.com
www.marketplace-daily-art.blogspot.com
www.KarlaNolan.blogspot.com

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails