Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Gibraltan Morning Glory, painting on glass



Back from the Bear State, California. Had a great time! Took lots of reference photos. The one that I'm most interested in is of a morning glory grouping. This is why: Years ago, my husband and I went to Spain and, while there, also went to Gibraltar. That's the English part of Spain, actually. I realize that the English own that spot of land, and it is truly a spot, very tiny, but you are surrounded by Spain. Anyway, I saw the most beautiful morning glory there, very deep blue. I painted it on glass, as you can see.

Since painting it, I've wanted to paint more, as it was an adventure to paint it. However, I cannot for the life of me grow morning glories, try as I may. So I seek them out for the reference photo and found some beauties. You'll get to see them in the near future, hopefully!
See you again this week!

"Gibraltan Morning Glory", painting on glass, 11"x14" edge to edge glass, sold framed as shown, $425 + $14.95 domestic shipping



www.KarlaNolan.com
www.dailyartpainters.com
www.marketplace-daily-art.blogspot.com
www.KarlaNolan.blogspot.com

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails