Friday, September 5, 2008

"Loving Iris Duo", painting on glass



Cannot resist the irises these days. Boy, are they difficult to paint, though! Flaky little flowers with all of those frills and folds! I know we're completely out of season with these sweeties, but who cares? I like a challenge!

Blues and purples seem to dominate these flowers, at least in my mind. Those are fun colors with which to paint so I have no problems with mixing them up. They become much like stained glass in my technique. Don't forget to check out the close ups!


I hope you enjoy viewing them as much as I do painting them!

"Loving Iris Duo", 9"x12", sold framed as shown, $325 + $14.95 domestic shipping

www.KarlaNolan.com
www.dailyartpainters.com
www.marketplace-daily-art.blogspot.com
www.KarlaNolan.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails