Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Wild Oleander in the Foothills of Spain, painting on glass



This painting on glass took on its own life. Oleander are poisonous plants (if eaten) that grow wild not only in Spain but in warm climates such as California, where I saw them just a week ago. They are quite exotic looking, at least to my eye, and come in varying colors. My favorite colors are the hot pinks.

We were in Spain in 1998 and my husband wanted to go to a famous cave. I opted out of touring the cave and instead did a short hike around the rocky and dry foothills. I was so amazed at the site of the wild oleander shrubs -- they never left my mind.

Here in the Rocky Mountain foothills, just several hundred yards away from our house, I see some wild flowers but nothing like the oleander.
So I present my version of them to you on glass. They are both opaque and iridescent, still have something of a stained glass quality to them and yet are somewhat abstract. I hope you enjoy this artwork as much as I do and did painting it.

"Wild Oleander in the Foothills of Spain", painting on glass, 14"x18" edge to edge glass, $750 + $14.95 domestic shipping, sold framed as shown


www.KarlaNolan.com
www.dailyartpainters.com
www.marketplace-daily-art.blogspot.com
www.KarlaNolan.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails