Thursday, September 25, 2008

Red Poppies, Lavender Skies, painting on glass



I've always like the combination, hot as it is, of red and purple. It's anything but subtle, but then most of my artwork tends to be colorful. Hopefully that's an indication of my personality! My husband is of the idea that we paint our emotional personalities -- some are dark, some are perfectionistic, some of subdued, my art is color, color, and more color! Can't help it, it's who/what I am, I guess.

Anyway....poppies continue to inspire me. While in California last week, I enjoyed the bright oranges of the California poppies occasionally seen along the roads. It would be great to see a blue Himalayan poppy, but that hasn't happened yet. So I'll pretty much stick to painting the bright reds that are so vibrant and lively.

Have a good day!

"Red Poppies, Lavender Skies", painting on glass, 9"x12" edge to edge glass, sold framed as shown, $325 + $14.95 domestic shipping

www.KarlaNolan.com
www.dailyartpainters.com
www.marketplace-daily-art.blogspot.com
www.KarlaNolan.blogspot.com

3 comments:

Robin Pedrero said...

oH that's very pretty

Karla Nolan said...

Thank you so much, Robin! It helps to know someone is really studying these paintings, I truly do appreciate it! Write again!

Karla

Anonymous said...

group painting (group oil painting ), group paintings (group oil paintings), and Abstract painting

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails