Sunday, October 6, 2013

"Virga at Dusk" palette knife oil painting



Okay, what in the world is "virga"?  Well, the definition from the dictionary is: " Wisps of precipitation streaming from a cloud but evaporating before reaching the ground."  My own particular definition is a beautiful sunset with softness hanging over the golden rays, something so intriguing, something only Mother Nature could have invented.  Living in the Rocky Mountain West, I have seen these wisps of different colors forming from the overhead clouds, almost raining down on the mountain silhouette, many times.  I have tried to capture them in oil paints, but have been dissatisfied with the results.  I think I may have finally succeeded this time!  Sure  hope so.....


"Virga at Dusk", 10"x8" unframed palette knife oil painting on gesso board, s/h included in continental U.S., click Paypal button below or write me at KarlaNolan@gmail.com for more information


Thanks for viewing my art!  Greetings from Fort Collins, Colorado

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails