Thursday, July 17, 2008

Another Torrid Sunset


Living in Colorado has tremendous perks when it comes to artwork. The natural beauty of the state is stupendous and I am fortunate enough to live in northern Colorado, right next to the foothills.

As I walk out in the evening to view the sunset, I am amazed at how lovely it usually is, but also at how quickly it appears and then leaves. Capturing any part of it can be difficult; I am compelled to refer to photographs but usually end up changing them rather rapidly -- I am the Great Editor for a brief time!

This sunset, as I recall, was during a hot summer night -- the temperature at nighttime usually drops 20-30 degrees, but I remember being unsure about this night. It wasn't a sure thing that we'd have such a good one! What do you think? I was very pleased with that evening's works.

"Another Torrid Sunset", 9"x12", pastel, sold unframed, www.KarlaNolan.com
"Works/Skies" (Paypal) or
Contact Karla at KarlaNolan@gmail.com or 970-225-0025


www.dailyartpainters.com

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails