Monday, July 28, 2008

Santa Fe Windowbox (painting on glass)


I return again to Santa Fe. Strolling down Canyon Road, I spot a lovely window, turquoise trimmed, featuring a box laden with flowers. Now this is my kind of painting -- adobe and flowers! I love both so much, I had to paint this scene. I have done that in oil and pastel. Here is the scene painted onto glass.

As I mentioned in my last post, painting onto glass is a difficult task. (Say that ten times quickly, it's hard to do, also!) I must say that I enjoy the fruits of my labor ultimately, but during the process I ask myself, "have you lost your mind, Karla? This is a pain in the 'tuchas', there are easier things to do!" Still, it is such an unusual artwork to see. A fellow artist was wise to remind me -- it's not the easiest thing to view on a screen, much better in person, as the photograph of the creation doesn't show the luminosity, the glow, nearly as well as viewing the real thing. Please do keep this in mind as you look!

Enjoy your show! See you tomorrow!


"Santa Fe Windowbox", painting on glass, 11"x14" edge to edge glass, framed as shown, Paypal accepted plus domestic shipping of $14.95 (go to "Works"/glass paintings)

www.KarlaNolan.com
www.dailyartpainters.com
www.KarlaNolan.blogspot.com
www.marketplace-daily-art.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails