Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Billowing Dusk


Occasionally I just see the most sumptuous sunsets over the Rockies. This is an example of one of them. When I paint with oil paints I use a palette knife throughout the artwork. Brushes and I do not agree on anything; they make mud, I usually don't want mud! The colors in the sky vary. I don't think it's such a seasonal thing, just Nature working magic. This is the most serene time of the day for me. It's work, hurry, go, plan, quick...all day long, just as everyone does. Then, get home, go outside, avoid mosquitoes, sink back into a better frame of mind, maybe a glass of wine....You get the gist!

This painting, "Billowing Dusk" is 12"x9, oil on canvas panel, sold unframed and costs only $220.00. Not too bad for these tough economic times, huh? Call me at 970-225-0025, e-mail me at KarlaNolan@gmail.com or through my website, http://www.karlanolan.com/ (go to "Works"/Skies and buy through Paypal) or at http://www.dailyartpainters.com/.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails