Monday, July 21, 2008

"Winter Twilight", painting on glass

Okay, hard to believe that I'm featuring a "winter" painting. But it has been so hot here, almost 100 degrees, that I actually enjoy the thought of it being cold! Go figure!

I noticed a serene twilight last winter while driving home from grocery shopping. It stayed with me, in my thoughts, the entire evening. There is something about just before darkness that is so soothing to me. The day has to end. I need to take time to appreciate it. Here it is.

The glass is painted on the reverse side, although I almost never think of it as "reverse glass painting". That must be totally different. I've seen that on antique lamps. This is more modern, more contemporary, in my mind. It's difficult to attain the correct colors. The medium truly controls me. I hope you enjoy this. Let me know.

Sold as shown in black frame, gold lip. 11"x14" measured on glass edges and available at
www.KarlaNolan.com/Works (glass paintings) Paypal available with $14.95 shipping domestically

www.dailyartpainters.com

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails