Thursday, July 24, 2008

Drama! (painting on glass)


Drama!

Quite the title, huh? Drama! Well, that's how it is in these parts with some of the sunsets over the Rocky Mountains (also known as the Backbone of the Continent!).

Isn't red just the most dramatic color in a sunset? It almost seems exaggerated when in a painting, but believe me, I've seen lots of shades of reds and oranges in them around here. Not every evening is dramatic, however. I find that the November evenings show the most drama. Maybe it's the time change, but I'm just more aware of them at that time of year.

Are you enjoying these paintings on glass? As I mentioned in my last blog, I don't always enjoy painting them. I find them to be somewhat anal and tedious at times. My personality is such that I move very quickly, multi-tasking to three things at once many times. Motherhood may have provoked that way of living, but I think it's a natural for me. I have been diagnosed with ADD and I'm proud of it -- think of the creativity associated with that diagnosis! Even Winston Churchill painted...and he was believed to have had ADD. The brain can do funky things to you -- best to dwell on the positive aspects, in this case creativity.
Must go, see you on Monday.

www.KarlaNolan.com (go to "Works" glass paintings, Paypal accepted, $14.95 shipping domestically, 12"x12" edge to edge glass, framed as shown, black frame, gold lip) www.dailyartpainters.com
www.marketplace-daily-art.blogspot.com
www.karlanolan.blogspot.com

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails