Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Santa Fe Mailboxes (painting on glass)


Here are the happiest mailboxes I've ever seen! They are in one of my favorite spots for the past 35 years, Santa Fe. I don't get down there that much these days, but I do enjoy it when I do. I remember eating blue corn tortilla enchiladas years ago at Jose's Casa de la Comida but that cafe's gone now. Life does trudge on, doesn't it?

These mailboxes just grabbed me a couple of years ago when I was down there with my husband. Color, color, color! Can't get enough of it!


This glass painting process is something else, I must tell you. Very, very trying. I have mixed emotions about it while I'm in the middle of painting -- can't even see the finished product until the next day, as the liquids glide all around the surface. The medium controls me, not the other way around.

I honestly hope you are enjoying these paintings. I am (most of time).

www.KarlaNolan.com (go to "works"/glass paintings/ 11"x14" measured from end to end of glass, framed as is, black with gold lip; $425 + domestic shipping, Paypal
www.dailyartpainters.com
www.marketplace-daily-art.blogspot.com

1 comment:

AJ said...

These are beautiful paintings! Great concept, Karla!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails