Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Dusk in Montepulciano (painting on glass)


I guess it can sound almost obnoxious, "when I was last in Italy", but, when I was last in Italy, my husband and I stayed in Montepulciano, a small town in Tuscany, and a wine producing mainstay. The small bed and breakfast in which we stayed overlooked the town, since we were on the top floor and it is a hill town, so at dusk I went outside with my ever handy camera to photograph the sunset. Lo and behold, the rooftops and houses themselves were as intriguing as the sunset!

Red roofs dot Tuscany. Simply built houses fill the towns. The hill rock and roll, filled with vineyards and olive trees. Of course, the best time of the year for me is when the red poppies are in bloom. They are my favorite flower to paint.

Go there. See it. If you can't make it there, then enjoy my tour for yourself. I relive it when I paint it. That's fun!

(Two close ups of this painting are available at my website,
www.KarlaNolan.com. Go to "Works", glass paintings, then three views are together for your perusal.) "Dusk in Montepulciano", 16"x20" edge to edge glass, framed in black with gold lip, $14.95 shipping domestically, Paypal at www.KarlaNolan.com (works/glass paintings)
www.dailyartpainters.com
www.marketplace-daily-art.blogspot.com
www.KarlaNolan.blogspot.com

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails