Sunday, July 20, 2008

I'll Always Love Italy! (painting on glass)


I would like to introduce you to something new for me. My husband and I were travelling in Italy a while back and we discovered some spectacular artwork in Tuscany. I was so inspired and, dare I say, awed by it, I decided to bring the technique home and apply my very own topics which I enjoy painting so much to this technique.

These are paintings on glass. I use several different types of specialty paints developed to adhere to glass and are formulated to be highly UV lightfast. I researched these techniques and experimented constantly. These artworks are reminiscent of stained glass panels but I do not want to be anyone but myself, so I never trace photographs or patterns for these paintings, but rather I draw upon my own memories and references and freehand draw these artworks.


Color has always been of primary importance to me and these creations are saturated with color. I feel that color influences emotions and hopefully lifts them. I derive great joy from creating these paintings on glass, but find them to be more difficult to produce than either oil paintings or soft pastel paintings, far more tedious and difficult to control.


Please, let me know your opinions of these creations. My plans are to sell them framed for now in simple black frames with gold lips, so that the paintings are not overwhelmed by the frames, but complemented by them. And I sincerely hope you enjoy the journey of my new adventures!


"I'll Always Love Italy!", 12"x16" (measured along edges of glass), framed in black frame, gold lip; call 970-225-0025 or write KarlaNolan@gmail.com for further information www.dailyartpainters.com, www.KarlaNolan.com

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails