Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The Great Gash (Grand Canyon), painting on glass


I don't know who called the Grand Canyon the Great Gash, but my husband told me that quip a long time ago. It really does look like someone went at that part of Earth with a fury and split it apart.

Doing what I enjoy most, I have taken my artistic license and simplified it and intensified the colors. Reds and oranges warm up the scene and, since this is Arizona, it does get hot!


Have fun with the travels, art and otherwise!


"The Great Gash (Grand Canyon)", painting on glass, framed in black with gold lip,11"x14" glass edge to edge, $450 + $14.95 s&h domestically, go to www.Karla Nolan.com and click on "works, glass paintings", Paypal or contact at KarlaNolan@gmail.com for more information
www.dailyartpainters.com
www.marketplace-daily-art.blogspot.com
www.KarlaNolan.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails