Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Angry Sunset, palette knife oil painting

In my neck of the woods, sometimes sunsets seem to have emotion. This one appears angry to me -- as if it's been a tough day in Nature and it's just time to end the day for once and for all. I'm reading into this, obviously! But occasionally the clouds just take on a life of their own -- inexplicably, this one I read as pretty intense!

It's all done, and I repeat, all, with palette knives. Brushes and I cannot get along, for some reason. I make mud with brushes! Palette knives are easy to clean and leave purer colors. I must own about 20 different types.

"Angry Sunset", oil on canvas using palette knives, 8"x10" sold unframed, Paypal preferred, $175 includes s&h, e-mail me at KarlaNolan@gmail.com for more information



www.KarlaNolan.com
www.dailypainters.com
www.dailyartpainters.com
http://fineartamerica.com/artwork/tag/Karla+Nolan
www.marketplace-daily-art.blogspot.com
www.KarlaNolan.blogspot.com
www.fineprintcollection.com/artists/karlanolan

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails