Saturday, January 31, 2009

Road to Hana Hibiscus, palette knife oil painting

A number of years ago my husband and I traveled to the island of Maui in the state of Hawaii. What a beautiful location, the Pacific Ocean all around, varying in shades of greens, purples and the blue the color of my mother's eyes, very deep blue. Enchanting place.

We took a very famous road, a drive on the road to Hana. These were the most tropical topical of surroundings, full of wild flowers and foliage. And it was, unfortunately, nauseating! I suffer a lousy malady, have all of my life, called car sickness. Twisting and turning roads do me in. Before I began suffering from this lousy syndrome, however, I was fortunate enough to spot a wild hibiscus growing on the side of the road. I slipped, literally, over to it to inspect it -- the ground was all muddy. I found it to be a beautiful site, though, and here I present it to you. All palate knife, all the time, when it comes to oils, so you can imagine that this one took quite a while to finish!

"Road to Hana Hibiscus", oil painting with palette knives on canvas, sold unframed, 12"x9", $235 (s&h included), Paypal preferred. Write KarlaNolan@gmail.com for more information





www.KarlaNolan.com
www.dailypainters.com
www.dailyartpainters.com
http://fineartamerica.com/artwork/tag/Karla+Nolan
www.marketplace-daily-art.blogspot.com
www.KarlaNolan.blogspot.com
www.fineprintcollection.com/artists/karlanolan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

waterfall picture at high quality, so that our company is not only the main oil painting supplier, but also the wholesale portrait oil paintings in china that we could painting wedding photo into Oil painting ; painting

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails