Saturday, January 17, 2009

The Gloaming, pastel painting

Have you ever really studied the skies just before dusk? They can be almost mysterious, like something is "in the works". A surprise type of dusk. A few years back, I noticed this phenomenon and asked around about it -- someone told me it was a "gloaming". Sounded reasonable to me, such an odd word.

So here you have it -- I painted it in pastel -- by the way, you don't "draw" in pastel in my world, you "paint" -- I took many classes from a great pastelist, Clive Tyler, someone well on the way to fame!

"The Gloaming", 16"x20", pastel, sold unframed, $655 includes s&h, Paypal preferred, write KarlaNolan@gmail.com for more information





www.KarlaNolan.com www.dailypainters.com
www.dailyartpainters.com
http://fineartamerica.com/artwork/tag/Karla+Nolan
www.marketplace-daily-art.blogspot.com
www.KarlaNolan.blogspot.com
www.fineprintcollection.com/artists/karlanolan

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails